Saturday, April 07, 2007

Emotional Eating

A lot of women say they overeat when they are upset. I've tried to watch for patterns of that in myself, but I find that I don't consistantly overeat when I am angry or sad. I have a lot of reasons to be sad lately, what with getting a divorce from my third husband, who I love more than I've loved anyone before, and getting older and the dead of my second husband. So I've tried to track if any of this effects my eating.

What I've found is that I am likely to eat unwisely when I am lonely. When I miss my husband I really wish he was with me and loved and desired me. I eat when I want to be touched and held. Does anyone else experience weight gain when they don't get and want sex?

This week I posted another loss. I'm quite excited. That's at least a month of losses. So obviously I'm not succumbing to eating when I'm lonely. I've been trying to decide what my affirmation for this week should be and I'm drawing a blank. I suppose I could recycle an old one. Maybe I'll do I accept myself the way I am again

No comments: