Sunday, March 18, 2007

Trip Into The City

I went with a friend into the City today. She had tickets to the Donald Trump motivational thingie and invited me along. We didn't go yesterday. Neither of us could justify and entire weekend doing that sort of thing. It was quite disappointing in many ways, being just a day long infomercial selling very pricey "wealth making" tools. But I did get a bit of a kick in the butt.

There was a man, Raymond Aaron, who gave a 90 minutes commerical for his mentoring program. (On sale, $995) He talked at length about how successful people have mentors. (He also was dismissive and sarcastic about us "losers" who don't have the big bucks to have mentors.) There were interesting bits in his presentation, a hodgepodge of a lot of other motivational programs. And several times I just wanted to get up and counter some of his crap, point out that I was homeless at one time and have chronic depression and have struggled about the after effects of abuse for decades. I felt quite motivated, but no in the way he intended.

But the one thing that interested me was about how he promised to help folks by making them set goals every 1st day of the month. I was thinking, there's no reason regular folk can't do that to help each other. Oh, we probably have to do some attitude adjustments to re-focus ourselves on success instead of failure. So I am researching goal setting. I hope to get enough stuff together to do a program for TOPS soon.

Okay, what else happened. Well, I was with a great lady, one of my agents. It was great riding into the City with her and chatting about family and life. She's the first person I've met who talks at least as much as I do, but it went well anyway. I really feel like I connected with her in a lot of ways. Although she isn't Cassie. No one is Cassie. I miss Cassie. ::sniffle::

No comments: